How does...?

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Fri Apr 20 16:34:27 UTC 2012

Hello again,

I'm trying to understand how Koji does things in order to migrate from our
previous home-made build system with svn repositories to Koji.  Most of our
stuff is in svn as source files, not tarballs, so I'll have to implement a
"make sources".  I was looking in the Fedora git repositories, but couldn't
see how this is actually done.  I can see how it _used_ to be done: with a
common package containing a Makefile.common.  However that doesn't seem to
be available any more.

I've found fedora-packager and fedpkg; there was a thread here in 2010
(http://www.mail-archive.com/buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org/msg00619.html)
which suggested that they configured Koji to issue the command to get the
sources.  However, that's "allowed_scms" in kojid.conf, and I can't see
anything in either package now which modifies that.

So basically I'd really like to know the steps that Fedora's Koji goes
through to build packages like anaconda - which has an old Makefile, and has
no URL to say where to find the sources.

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."