koji: small patch to fix warnings

John Morris john at zultron.com
Sun Apr 22 08:14:26 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

>> I realize some warnings from the cli might be best printed to stdout,
>> but for ones that might appear when using a computer-readable type of
>> command like 'list-* --quiet', stderr seems like the better choice.
>
> I do highly recommend that scripts used the xmlrpc interface directly
> rather than screen-scraping.

Yes, I do need something better.  This raises a question I've had about
workflow.  The koji CLI is very simple.  I think that most commands
expose a single xmlrpc call (perhaps with a little sugaring).  I haven't
seen a document yet that describes workflow beyond the most basic steps.
  I often find myself doing cumbersome things, and think there must be
an easier way.  This example could be called 'list-tagged --rpms --nosigs':

koji list-tagged --rpms --sigs fc16-cadcam | \
   sed '/^ /s/^/2ef86730/' | sort | uniq -u | sed 's/^[^ ]* //'

Is there some documentation I've missed somewhere?  There are several
pages on the wiki, but nothing I've found is very complete (other than
the source!).  Should I just not be using the CLI much and scripting my
workflow instead?

> (also, please be wary of stray whitespace in patches)

I see that I left a space at the end of the middle 'warn(' line.  Is
that what you mean?  I'm not a real dev, so this kind of clue is helpful.

	John