Pungi fails within mock - 'AttributeError: prerepoconf'

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 19 21:44:28 UTC 2012

On 3/16/12 3:11 PM, Clint Savage wrote:
> Jesse,
>
> I've actually done one better and put a try/except around it. Seems to
> me that's a smarter thing to do anyway. It works fine that way, I just
> didn't understand what 'self.ayum.prerepoconf' is or why it's there.
> The pungi code is not completely understandable to me, this seems like
> an appropriate fix, however. I'd be happy to send a patch up to pungi
> if others thought it would be useful.

"prerepoconf" is an attribute to the "ayum" object that is part of the
pungi class object (self). "ayum" is a yum object instance.  Yum code of
a certain era would create the 'prerepoconf' attribute under certain
scenarios when the object is instantiated, and this would cause problems
for how pungi was making use of the yum object, so the solution was to
remove the attribute.  I don't know if it is still an issue with current
day yum objects and pungi, I haven't been working on that code for years.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk