Mash and rpmdb

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Nov 15 14:13:27 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 02:58 PM, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a dev environement on RHEL 6.3, I am running mash (latest git) every 5
> minutes against 20 koji tags.(both 1.6 and 1.7)
> I am running sequentially the "mash tag"
> After few hours my rpmdb is corrupted and I need to execute db_recover -h
> /var/lib/rpm.
> It seems "createrepo" (0.9.8-5.el6) doesn't release the locks correctly
> everytime. (/usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_stat -CA)
> Does someone already ran into this issue before I investigate more ?

What kind of errors you're getting from rpmdb? Nearly all the issues
reported as "rpmdb corruption" are something else, such as unclean
shutdown from either a crash or getting forcefully killed while inside
Berkeley DB calls. Which does prevent rpmdb opens until dealt with
(db_recover being one possibility), but it isn't corruption per-se.

	- Panu -