HFS-related issue with pungi/lorax building fc17 spin

James Milne jamesm at filmlight.ltd.uk
Wed Feb 20 15:22:20 UTC 2013

On 20 Feb 2013, at 15:14, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> El Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:36:25 +0000
> James Milne <jamesm at filmlight.ltd.uk> escribió:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having an issue with making an ISO with pungi.
>>
>> My build environment is constructed with mock.
>>
>> Pungi resolves package dependencies and builds a repository
>> successfully, but lorax fails at the end making the ISO image. My
>> problem appears to be related to making a Mac-compatible HFS boot
>> image.
>>
> are you using a rhel system to create the iso? if so you will ahve
> issues as hfs is not supported an its needed to make the mac images

Hi Dennis,

No I'm using an install of Fedora 17 in a VM.

In the end I worked around the problem by removing macboot.img from the images/ directory in my source repository. This informs the pungi build system not to bother making a Mac-compatible image (which I don't need anyway).

Would be nice to figure out what was wrong, but I'd probably need to try again with Fedora 18.

Cheers
James