Error building EL6 packages in private Koji repo

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jan 24 18:56:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:21:03 -0600
Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following error when I try to build packages in my
> EL6/CentOS6 Koji repository:
>
> DEBUG util.py:264:  Error unpacking rpm package
> hunspell-1.2.8-16.el6.i686 DEBUG util.py:264:  error: unpacking of
> archive failed on file /usr/share/man/hu/man4/hunspell.4.gz;51015d8e:
> cpio: open failed - No such file or directory
> DEBUG util.py:264:  error: hunspell-1.2.8-16.el6.i686: install failed
>
> The Koji builders and the client from which I send the fedpkg command
> have been upgraded to Fedora 18. The entire Koji system is running
> koji-1.7.1-2
>
> Does anyone have any pointers on how to figure this out?

Curiously, I've just updated my local mock builder to F-18 and my
previously-working setup became unable to initialize an F-12 buildroot,
coming up with exactly that sort of error message when trying to
install the shadow-utils package, and it was because the manpage
directories for various languages (such as "hu" in the case above)
didn't exist, even though the "filesystem" package included them. I
could see this when examining the buildroot at the point of failure.
I'm wondering if the new rpm in F-18 treats documentation/languages
differently somehow and doesn't install some?

Paul.