Koji import versus add-pkg

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 17:21:57 UTC 2014

On 12/16/2014 12:07 PM, Otto Han wrote:
> Yes, we use perforce.
> I understand importing frequently the SRPM is fine because there is no
> way to alter the sources through Koji. Doesn't mean this will somehow
> overload the Koji system in time? Is there a way to "purge" the source
> RPMs to prevent this situation?
> I mean once a build is done there is no reason to keep the sources in
> Koji as they are, already in CMS.  On the other hand I understand
> there is no way to remove / delete a package once in Koji. How can we
> deal with this case?

If you are publishing the srpms, then you probably want to keep them.
They are probably not that large compared to the rpms themselves.

Koji treats builds (the srpm and all the rpms it creates) as a unit. You
can delete old builds as a whole if you need to, or configure the gc to
do so. There is currently no way to delete a single rpm (or srpm) from a
build.

You described a workflow where you build external to koji and imported.
If that is the case, and you don't want the srpms, then perhaps you
should just not import them in the first place. A little extra work will
be required to get imports to work without the srpms. You could either
just add --create-build to the import command to create the build
entries without having the srpm, or you could create them directly with
an api call before importing the rpms.