koji's mergerepos does not consider epoch tag

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 11:08:28 UTC 2015

On 01/30/2015 02:05 PM, Atanas Zhelev wrote:
> i'm using external repository with various vendor supplied rpm's in koji. One
> of those rpm's had it's versioning schema changed and it uses epoch tag now.
> After regeneration of the build tags koji does not see the new package. It
> looks like mergerepos ignores the epoch tag. The "old" rpm which actually has
> a higher version number if epoch is not considered is included instead.
> Can you offer any advice?
> Thanks

There is nowhere in koji where newer-nvr automatically wins. This would
make it impossible to perform many overrides by tagging. Instead the
winner (within koji tags at least) is determined my depth in inheritance
chain and how recently the build was tagged.

Also, all builds are handled as a unit, so you will never see mixing of
subpackages from two different versions of the same build, even if
newest NVR might indicate otherwise.

When koji merges an external repo it tries to be consistent with the the
its behavior in the non-external-repo case. In particular,

* koji's package block list is honored by mergerepos
* rpms in the external repo are grouped by their srpm and treated as a
unit when filtering/merging
* only one srpm nvr per package is kept
* for packages existing /only/ in the external repo, e:nvr ordering is
followed
* content within koji trumps the external repo content