VHD/VPC Support

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed May 6 19:59:13 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, May 05, 2015 01:07:20 PM Jay Greguske wrote:
> Hey,
>
> This patch adds support for the VPC/VHD image format. Like a few
> before it, koji will call qemu-img on the host to do the conversion.

is this subject to the same types of compatibility issues we are currently
seeing with qcow2? in that the images we create are not usable with older OS's
as qemu can not read them, we need to set a compat flag to make compatable
images.  I am not sure if the new format is supposed to be .qcow3 or or if
they are supposed to be .qcow2 but are just incompatable.

Dennis