Should "koji regen-repo" be necessary?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu May 14 17:07:18 UTC 2015

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 03:35:39 PM Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> Yes, you would script the repo regen after the mirror sync.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Don't we have a better solution ? , make a local mirror we will need
> > about 500G [1]
> >
> > [1]
> > 191G    /srv/pub/fedora/linux/development/22
> > 112G    /srv/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/22
>
> Not really, you need to be able to see when the mirror that you're
> using changes. If you're just using the daily push via one of the
> Fedora mirrors that might be possible because it only happens daily
> and you can just regen the repo once the mirror your using completes
> the daily sync.
>
> If your using the actual koji repos to ensure you have the latest and
> greatest builds you could listen on fedmsg for tag events and use that
> as an indicator you need to regen the external repo, possibly with a
> time delay, if necessary, once a build is tagged to the appropriate
> tag, such as f22/updates-testing/override etc.
>
> Peter

If you use koji's latest link you will not ever need to regen the repo. but
your repos will be outdated.  the packages it points at should always remain
valid. but you would want to regular regen's if you do not mirror fedora
internally, which is what I would recommend you do, you should setup a local
caching server to keep the rpms close by and speed up how long it takes koji
to do builds so it is not downloading from the internet all the time

Dennis