Switch to DNF in Koji?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu May 21 19:02:41 UTC 2015

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:26:35 AM Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Dne 20.5.2015 v 16:52 Dennis Gilmore napsal(a):
> > We can not because koji does not have the ability to set the package
> > backend depending on different targets.  until koji supports being able
> > to use dnf only for some targets we will still use yum everywhere.
>
> Fair enough.
> Can we start with this patch? Not tested thou as I do not have staging Koji
> environment.
It will not be good enough, when the builders go to fedora 22 we will have to
use yum-deprecated and not yum.  this is all seriously a huge mess that needs
to not be rushed. it needs to not be a True/False type setup it needs to be if
there is a install command for the tag, that can be inherited  use that, if
not use yum.  we also need to ensure that it will work with mock in rhel5 that
does not support setting the backend command.

Dennis