I signed up to be a Campus Ambassador, what do I do next ?

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Tue Mar 2 13:56:39 UTC 2010

On Tue 2 March 2010 4:48:14 am sankarshan wrote:
> To all those who have signed up to be a Campus Ambassador and, are on
> this list - welcome.
>
> Now that you have gone ahead and volunteered to be a Campus
> Ambassador, the obvious question is what do you do next ?
>
> Caveat - Max (Spevack) and Mel (Chua) volunteer their time for this
> program and, at any rate they would be pointing out the next steps.
> Meanwhile, do please ensure that the following is complete:

Hi sankarshan,

Thanks for your interest in joining the campus ambassador group!

We are currently working on putting together just what the group is, the
methods folks go through to join the group, what they are responsible for once
they join, the mentor process, etc.
Optimally we should call a meeting within the next week or so, but I don't
know what Bert and the rest of the campusamb team's schedule is like, at the
moment. Bert Desmit and I tried a week or so ago, but no one showed up. Feel
free to stop by #fedora-campusamb on irc.freenode.net :-)

> * You have introduced yourself to the list
> * You have an User page on the wiki
> * You have read up <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors>
>
> and, more importantly, you have taken time to read
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations>
>
> That should get you up to speed with stuff while you request for a mentor.

Sounds about right; like I said, we've recently reformed this group and are
still in the organizational phase, so a little patience while we iron out the
full details is much appreciated. :)

Best,
Ryan Rix

--