[FZH] Fedora 13 Beta delay, ABRT Test Day tomorrow

liangsuilong liangsuilong在gmail.com
星期四 四月 1 08:55:31 UTC 2010

唉,又跳票一个星期了。。。。

Sent to you by liangsuilong via Google Reader: Fedora 13 Beta delay,
ABRT Test Day tomorrow via Fedora People by adamw on 31/03/10

QA’s contribution to this year’s outbreak of April Fool’s japery is the
hilarious announcement that Fedora 13 Beta will be delayed by a week.
No, wait – it’s not a joke, it’s sad, soul-crushing reality! Wasn’t
that fun?

Unfortunately we were behind the curve with the generation of candidate
builds throughout the Beta cycle (the Test Compose and first release
candidate were both several days late) and so did not manage to
identify all blocker issues in time for them to be properly resolved
and all the validation tests successfully run. We’re left with at least
one known release criteria-breaking issue – a bug preventing unlocking
of encrypted partitions when booting in text mode – and a Giant Void O’
Uncertainty where we haven’t completed the installation and desktop
validation tests, so we can’t say with confidence there are no other
blocker issues lurking. So today’s go/no-go meeting made the relatively
easy decision to slip the Beta – and, now, the final release – by one
week. We’re sorry for the delay, which could possibly have been avoided
with a harder effort, but we’ll do our best to make sure the Beta does
go out according to the new schedule, and that it meets all quality
expectations.

In other news, tomorrow (apologies for the short notice!) is ABRT Test
Day. Excuse the WikiMess, we’re still working on the page and the test
cases, but they should be fully finished in time for the event (well,
in favourable time zones!) ABRT is every user’s favourite, and every
developer’s least favourite, Fedora 12 feature – it’s the tool that
makes it dead easy to file an automated bug report when some
application crashes. For Fedora 13 we’d like to make sure all the
enhancements since the last Test Day are working correctly, and check
that all the basics are still working right as well. You don’t need any
special equipment to take part in this Test Day, so please do come
along and help out! The event runs all day on Thursday 2010-04-01
(there’s that date again…) in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Fedora People using Google Reader
favourite sites

关于邮件列表 Chinese 的更多信息