[fedora-classroom] Proposal: Learn To Package Week

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 05:06:50 UTC 2009

Dear Classroom list: Aaron Clark had an idea at this past FUDCon.

http://iwrotecode.blogspot.com/2009/12/future-fudcon-hackfest-request.html

Proposal: Learn To Package Week (New Years' Resolution Special Edition),
January 4-10, 2010.

One tricky package walkthrough per day, of something we're trying to get
packaged, hopefully with upstream listening in on the session to resolve
licensing, etc. issues as they pop in, followed by ~2h of "open lab"
time where learners can work on their own packages while "teaching
assistants" lurk in channel.

The big blocker is finding teachers - the reason everybody interested in
this (http://blog.melchua.com/2009/12/07/zikula-hackfest/#comment-3812)
so far is interested is because we want to be the students - we need to
learn this stuff ourselves. We're willing to be guinea pigs and do the
logistical/organizing stuff, but we inherently Can't Teach These Classes.

Thoughts? How do we put this together? How do we find people to teach?

--Mel