[fedora-classroom] Welcome and some ideas/thoughts moving forward

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat May 16 03:54:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:32:48 +0530
Balaji G <balajig.foss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> >Classroom sessions can be anytime a teacher wishes to sign up for and
> >tech. We either keep the wiki page updated or try and come up with
> >some calendar/feed for announcements about classes. (Or both).
>
> Yes thats a better idea so that from the people who are taking the
> sessions its quite easy coz it becomes quite tough to plan for 1st
> Week of every month during the second week of the previous month so
> as to get proper slots :). If its gonna happen anytime and just a
> prior communication and proper advertising is gonna hold good, this
> is gonna be the best option

Yeah.

> >Con: It's hard to announce classes if there is shorter notice.
> >Especially if a teacher signs up to teach right before their class,
> >there may not be much notice to interested students.
>
> Lets keep a 2 week headroom and we could have a mail format for
> sending presentation submissions.

In the past I was hoping we could start doing something like last
minute classes. Ie, someone sees a few people who want to learn and
uses the irc classroom. Then people who idle in channel would be able
to see and participate. Of course you loose a chance to market these
kinds of classes.

> >Con: If there is only 1 class in a time period, it may be hard to
> >gather students who know to specifically attend at that time. If
> >there is a number of classes ( like a weekend ) some students may be
> >more interested in attending.
>
> I guess that shouldn't be a problem because if we kickstart with
> having more sessions i am sure people would chip in to take sessions
> for sure.

True. I guess time will tell.

> >Con: If we are not announcing widely, there may be less students in
> >general.
>
> Announcing it a wider audience should be important and we are already
> doing it for sure and let us continue and improve it even further.
>
> >What do people think? Is this something we should look at going to?
> >Or are their better ideas moving forward?
>
> I feel this is a good initiative and we could start off with this.
>
> My thoughts !

Thanks for the feedback!

> Thanks,
> Cheers,