Yesterday's kickoff IRC meeting

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 15:28:01 UTC 2010

Good stuff.  Very productive.

===

First: the Cloud SIG wiki page is now up.  It's very rudimentary, but it's
good enough for now.

SIG home: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_SIG

===

Second: the meeting was great, and we have log and minutes for all to
peruse.

Raw Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-cloud/2010-02-04/fedora-cloud.2010-02-04-20.02.log.html

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-cloud/2010-02-04/fedora-cloud.2010-02-04-20.02.html

===

Third: we have the rudiments of a feature page for "Fedora on EC2".
Whether we can get this into the Fedora 13 feature list is up to John
Poelstra, but I think we can make a good case for it:

(a) a lot of the work has been ongoing for quite a while, but has not been
tracked in this particular way;

(b) there's not a great deal of risk to the release itself, since the
handful of meaningful changes to Fedora itself are all in the kernel
anyway, and additional changes are process additions that are largely
independent of current Fedora process (spinning new AMIs and AKIs).

Feature page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraOnEC2
(Note: incomplete draft, patches welcome)

===

Thanks for everyone's participation yesterday.  Next meeting will be at
4pm Eastern US time, next Thursday.

--g

--
Educational materials should be high-quality, collaborative, and free.
Visit http://opensource.com/education and join the conversation.