Eucalyptus

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Feb 18 19:42:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 05:07:16PM -0800, graziano obertelli wrote:
> In this regards I have few questions: we depend on libvirt to run
> instances, and we are running into some problems. The first one is: how do
> we give permission to the user eucalyptus to run instances? I think you
> are using policykit, so how do we configure it correctly?

This is untested and should be vetted for correct policy usage in addition
to actually functionally, but a file called
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d/10-libvirt-allow-eucalyptus-user
with these contents:

[AllowEucalyptusUser]
Identity=unix-user:eucalyptus
Action=org.libvirt.unix.manage
ResultAny=yes

Should do it.

> %global is_suse %(test -e /etc/SuSE-release && echo 1 || echo 0)
> %global is_centos %(grep CentOS /etc/redhat-release > /dev/null && echo 1 || echo 0)
> %global is_fedora %(grep Fedora /etc/redhat-release > /dev/null && echo 1 || echo 0)

All of this stuff is kinda scary. I'd rather see a eucalyptus.spec.in that
gets pre-processed into distro-specific spec files.

There's quite a bit of other cleanup that needs to happen to make it match
the fedora packaging guidelines, too -- and since that stuff may not mesh
well with Suse, etc., guidelines, trying to keep it all in one shared file
gets more and more difficult.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Computing & Information Technology