OpenStack maint team

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 17:08:16 UTC 2011

Hey,

Everyone on the To: list has commit permissions on some of the OpenStack
packages. It's quite a big list! :-)

As more people get involved with packaging OpenStack in Fedora/EPEL, I
think we need to figure out how to co-ordinate ourselves better. I had
hoped we could use the cloud SIG mailing list for this but, in practice,
I think folks are reluctant to spam everyone on the list with the nitty
gritty details of what they're working on.

I'm always reluctant to start another mailing list, but I think it might
be warranted here. What say you to openstack at lists.fp.org or even
openstack-maint at lists.fp.org? Maybe #fedora-openstack on Freenode too?

On a related note, I've been quick to approve requests for commit
permissions on these packages in order to encourage folks to get
involved. However, quite a few folks have ever used these permissions so
I'm starting to think we should get require folks to have an actual
contribution ready to commit before approving these requests.

Thoughts on either of those?

Thanks,
Mark.