openstack in EPEL status

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:31:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 06:20:14PM +0000, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 05:42 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > About unittests, we probably want to either disable just the specific unittests or add a compat package with the newer versions of nose.  RHEL6 seems to include 0.10.4 and the current version is 1.1.2.  I can see the newer version being useful to people doing work with it (although they'll need to modify their behaviour slightly; using /usr/bin/nosetests-1.1, for instance.)  Not sure if running nosetests-1.1 will be sufficient to use the correct nose module or if we'd have to also set PYTHONPATH to point at the correct version of nose explicitly.  Worth a try at least.
>
> Note %check in newer python-nose has further dependencies outside of RHEL,
> which I disabled when building my hacked up version.

I've created a sample python-nose1.1 package.  I have no idea whether it
will work as expected or not, though.  If you want to test it with your
python-sqlalchemy packages and it works, I'll submit it for package review.

http://toshio.fedorapeople.org/packages/

I'm also not sure if I should be creating python-nose1.1 or python-nose1
packages -- I plan on asking upstream nose about how they plan to manage
version numbers and compatibility if these packages will actually work for
our usecase.

-Toshio