OpenStack packaging progress

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 15:58:08 UTC 2011

Hey,

This week:

  * Robyn submitted the F16 feature for consideration at the next FESCo
    meeting:

      https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/665

  * Maksim Lvov and Alexander Sakhnov, who did the initial Fedora
    packaging work, joined as co-maintainers of Nova and Glance

  * I made more progress on iptables integration and have a couple of
    patches queued upstream

      https://bugzilla.redhat.com/734347

  * I did some SELinux testing and things aren't in terrible shape. I
    reported some Glance and Nova denials and mgrepl has push some fixes
    for Glance:

      https://bugzilla.redhat.com/732699
      https://bugzilla.redhat.com/734346

  * Glance and Nova updates have been pushed to testing and need karma:

      https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-12099
      https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-12072

    It'd be awesome if someone could run through the getting started
    guide with these packages and give them some love

  * The testing repo I had on fedorapeople is now empty because
    everything that was in it is now in Fedora

  * I added some notes on how to run the Nova smoke tests to the wiki:

      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_Nova#Smoke_Tests

  * I'd really like to see nova-adminclient and tempo packaged soon:

      https://launchpad.net/nova-adminclient
      https://github.com/rackspace/Tempo

    The former is needed for the smoke tests. The latter will be
    required by Nova in the Essex release.

  * I've uncovered a bunch of Nova issues and filed bugs for them:

      Use tgtadm from scsi-target-utils instead of ietadm
        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/737046

      IPv6/dnsmasq issue
        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/737015

      Associating a public IP succeeds, except it doesn't
        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/737014

      "database is locked" errors while starting an instance
        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/735012

Cheers,
Mark.