Problem on glance add name

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 04:14:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Fedora 17
>

> I'm following
> http://fedorapeople.org/~russellb/openstack-lab-rhsummit-2012/ch03.html
>
> and stuck here:
>
> Chapter 3. Glance (Images)
> $ glance add name="RHEL 6.2" is_public=true disk_format=qcow2 \
>> container_format=bare < /srv/rhsummit/images/rhel62_x86_64.qcow2
> bash: /srv/rhsummit/images/rhel62_x86_64.qcow2: No such file or directory

The instructions you're looking at were specifically tailored to a
hands-on lab session done at Red Hat Summit (and on RHEL, I believe),
and the machines used in the demo already had an image made available
in that directory.

If you're looking for help more specific to F17, you might want to
look at these instructions:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_17

It looks to me like you're right about at this point in the process -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_17#Register_an_Image
- you'll see that there are some images you can actually download or
copy from, and you'll want to make sure that you're saying it's an F16
image and not RHEL 6.2, etc.

Beyond that, well, others will probably have to help you out from this
list. But I'd really recommend looking at the F17 instructions if
you're doing this in F17 :) Hopefully that helps :)

-Robyn