Grow the root partition on boot

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:16:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:25:07AM +0100, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> I have a need for the growroot feature that comes with cloud-utils and
>> cloud-initramfs-tools. I've noticed that these packages don't exist in
>> Fedora/EPEL and was wondering if there are any specific reasons for
>> that?
>
> The cloud-init package in F18 includes this. I'm not sure about EPEL.

I'm not seeing it in F18's cloud-init
(cloud-init-0.7.1-2.fc18.noarch). Maybe I didn't make myself clear
enough and we're talking about different things. What I'm looking for
is the initramfs script that enlarges the root partition to the
maximum possible size during first boot so that cloud-init can later
grow the root filesystem.

...Juerg