OpenStack/Aeolus RabbitMQ/Qpid conflict [was Re: Aeolus 0.8.0 Released]

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri Jan 27 23:31:39 UTC 2012

On 01/27/2012 11:10 PM, Bertrand Juglas wrote:

> 2012/1/28 Pádraig Brady <P at draigbrady.com <mailto:P at draigbrady.com>>
>
>     If you're feeling brave, you can install this qpid supporting
>     version to Fedora 16.  I ran through the Fedora 16 test day
>     with these (albeit with rabbitmq), so they should be in reasonably
>     good shape.
>
>     python-novaclient
>      http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=296038
>     openstack-nova
>      http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=296037
>        After installing you need to run:
>          openstack-nova-db-setup
>          (cd /var/lib/nova/CA && ./genrootca.sh)
>        Also to test qpid you'll need to add this to /etc/nova/nova.conf
>          --rpc_backend=nova.rpc.impl_qpid
>          For other qpid config params see:
>            http://wiki.openstack.org/QpidSupport
>     openstack-glance
>      http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=295932

Note you will get an inconsequential error about
%x formatting if running `nova-manage image convert`.
You can ignore that, or suppress with:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/ed6e3efc

cheers,
Pádraig