FYI: A fedora 17 cloud image

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 12:59:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 07:46:49AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 12:04:46PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > It took me a while to get around to looking at Fedora 17, but I finally
> > built an equivalent for that too which is available here:
>
> Oh, hey; we should coordinate on this. I've been working on the F18 image.
>
> Are you basing the image kickstart on the ones at
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cloud-kickstarts.git
>
> or using soemthing else?

appliance-creator + kickstart, as per the README in the same directory:

  http://berrange.fedorapeople.org/images/2012-11-15/

IIRC, I used the cloud-kickstarts.git files as the original basis
for my images.

> > Fedora 18 to come in the future, if it ever becomes stable enough to
> > install :-)
>
> What tool are you using for image creation? With appliance-creator or
> ami-creator, anaconda doesn't come into it....

True, and just after i sent this, I think i might have got a successful
build. Just going to try testing it.

Daniel