Packaging Tox for OPenstack unit tests

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 19:09:58 UTC 2012

It  seems like the use of nose is diverging from what the CI team is
doing.  According to Monty Taylor:

<mordred> ayoung: the CI system uses tox and does not use run_tests or
with_venv for anything - this has been the case for almost a year now
<mordred> ayoung: we've been doing our best to remove chunks of code
like run_tests.py that are just copied amongst all of the projects and
all of the branches of the projects

Currently, the Keystone unit test code is broken due to running:

  tools/with_venv.sh nosetests
  Failure: ImportError (No module named keystone.common) ... ERROR

And, while we will deal with this straight away, it looks like the
correct longish solution is to use Tox instead of nosetests.

Any plans to package this?  Should we push to make Tox part of the core
Fedora distro, or is there some argument against?