fedora cloud images (non ec2 providers)

Giulio Fidente gfidente at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 27 11:06:19 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 08:40 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 06:05:45PM +0100, Giulio Fidente wrote:
>> I was wondering if there is any work ongoing to announce those more
>> officially or if any help is wanted to rebuild/maintain some more images
>
> Hi Giulio. I'm glad you found those images helpful. There *is* a plan to
> make more-official images for Fedora 19, and you can see that at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirstClassCloudImages. A lot of this
> is internal infrastructure work, but I'm sure we can find some way to fit in
> your skills.

I like the plan a lot, it looks like the major issue now is the
integration of imgfac/oz with koji

I happen to have worked with imgfac and know decently its REST interface
but, for the scope of this project, can't we just stick to Oz?

I don't think imgfac would add much to the process while it will instead
prevent us from passing customized kickstarts to Oz

this said, I think I could help with koji... who should I ping?

> You may also be interested in
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cloud-kickstarts.git/tree/generic, which is
> the source repository for the kickstart files from which the image is
> generated. Any improvements/suggestions/patches are welcome.

would it be worth trying some ARM build?
--
Giulio Fidente
IRC: giulivo