Fedora 18 RC1 Amazon EC2 images available for testing

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Jan 8 17:29:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 01:30:59PM +0100, Vitaly Kuznetsov wrote:

> openssl is pulled in as a dependency if you install mod_ssl, which isn't
> there by default. In what other cases would it be useful to have it
> pre-installed?

I consider openssl pretty basic, and use it regularly for
generating keys and CSRs ... Sendmail happily uses the .key,
.csr and .pem so generated. I see ntp, stunnel, nmap, git,
alpine, wget, lynx, w3m, php-cli, fipscheck, and tcpdump all
calling for it on an older unit (CLI stuff using crypto,
basically)

-- Russ herrold