non-ec2 cloud images for F18 (and for F19 and beyond)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 11 18:19:03 UTC 2013

Everything did not line up for cloud images in the mirrors for F18,
including last minute oh-that-doesn't-work-in-koji problems.

So, at this point, two major things:

1. I'll generate images from the "generic" cloud kickstarts and put them on
   Fedora people. We can link to them from the wiki. (As always, any input
   into the kickstart files, testing, and everything else is incredibly
   valuable.)

2. At Fudcon, we'll have a hackfest dedicated to getting the image-building
   problems ironed out, the buildsystem migrated to use more up-to-date
   image generation tools, and ideally the dream of automating it all.

Then, we'll make images-on-the-mirrors a proper F19 feature and go through
that process, making everything more awesome and etc.