Removing the update_hostname cloud-init module from AMI's

David Duncan davdunc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:02:12 UTC 2013

In EC2, there is a dependency on the host ip as well. If the ip is
modified, then the internal hostname is also different.
If the hostname is not updated in the os there will be a difference in the
instance hostname presented by the ec2 host management and the instance
hostname on any stop/start, much like the EBS snapshot scenario described
previously.