Vagrant in Fedora

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Sep 26 22:20:57 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 03:09 PM, Alex Drahon wrote:

> I posted the current source packages here http://srpms.adrahon.org/
>
> Vagrant should work with VirtualBox
> (http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.2.18/VirtualBox-4.2-4.2.18_88780_fedora18-1.x86_64.rpm
> ).
>
> vagrant-kvm still has issues, not sure it's in a testable state yet.

Hello,

   So I downloaded and used mock to compile them for F19. It seems
you've fixed the warning about using non-official versions which is
nice. I followed your instructions here:
https://github.com/adrahon/vagrant-kvm#quick-start

at
vagrant up --provider=kvm I get the following error:

"The provider 'kvm' could not be found, but was requested to
back the machine 'default'. Please use a provider that exists."

Is that a plugin loading or a PolicyKit issue? It seems like plugin
seems like progress is being made since previously the src rpms I had
gotten died in much more horrible and verbose ways trying to load plugins.

Thoughts?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613