Starting the Talking Points for F22

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Tue Apr 7 17:40:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 10:15:35AM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_22_talking_points
>
> [this reply to cloud sig only]
>
> I added a bit about Vagrant. What else do we have?
>
> And I also added a question .... how do we want to talk about Atomic in
> this release?

Features, benefits and advantages ;-)

Seriously, though, my sense after struggling with the existing Atomic
documentation is that it is a tool only for a very sophisticated class
of developer / operations people. So I'd take a look at the marketing
materials for RHEL's Atomic and talk about how one can use the Fedora
Atomic to do similar things.

My own use case (planned - not sure it will be done by F22 release) is
deploying web apps as Fedora Docker images to Windows 8.1 (and Windows
10 when it ships) Hyper-V users. I've got the guts of it working but
it's not point-and-click and PowerShell-automated and end-user
documented. Right now it's a lot easier to just download the
Boot2Docker / VirtualBox installer, click the icon and type "docker
run -d" in the hideous console it provides.