Starting the Talking Points for F22

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 7 18:29:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 10:40:48AM -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> My own use case (planned - not sure it will be done by F22 release) is
> deploying web apps as Fedora Docker images to Windows 8.1 (and Windows
> 10 when it ships) Hyper-V users. I've got the guts of it working but
> it's not point-and-click and PowerShell-automated and end-user
> documented. Right now it's a lot easier to just download the
> Boot2Docker / VirtualBox installer, click the icon and type "docker
> run -d" in the hideous console it provides.

That's pretty nifty, and I think fits with our overall
Fedora-for-developers story. Because as much as we'd like to get all
software devs running Fedora on their desktops, a lot, lot more are
running Windows. So, whichever way we can get in, we should.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>