/usr/bin/ps missing from fedora:22 docker base image

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Tue Jul 7 17:42:18 UTC 2015

> On Jul 7, 2015, at 6:25 PM, Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Le 7 juil. 2015 18:20, "Brian (bex) Exelbierd" <bex at pobox.com <mailto:bex at pobox.com>> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > It appears that /usr/bin/ps was dropped as it was an indirect dependency in f21.  Can we put it back?  If this was a purposeful decision, can someone point me at the thread as I couldn't find the discussion.
> >

> Looks like a bad idea, you don't need it in a container.

There is certainly a set of use cases where this is true.  There are others where it is not.  I think that if we are not going to include this command, we need to explain the target and use cases for our image on https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/docker.html <https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/docker.html> clearly so that people who know it is in other distributions are not confused and think it is an oversight.

regards,

bex