Does Fedora 22 Atomic host install on real hardware for anyone else?

Robert Knight knight at princeton.edu
Thu Jul 16 14:09:32 UTC 2015

Hi, Colin.

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:59:57 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Robert Knight wrote:
>> Failed to pull from repository: g-io-error-quark://run/install/repo/
>> content/repo: open: No such file or directory (1)
> This sounds likehttps://fedorahosted.org/cloud/ticket/104
Just to get this clear, here are things I learned:

1. Anaconda's screen switching is not what I thought.  To get to the
command line, one must use ctrl-F1, ctrl-B, 2.  I believe at one time
ctrl-F2 did the same thing, but it does not now.  Once I discovered
this, I could start debugging my problem.

2.  My institution uses a very ancient DHCP server that does not work
with the modern Anacondas at all, so I have to specify, on the kernel
command line, all of the networking parameters to have anything work.  I
was using one of our local DNS servers as the only DNS.  This does not
work and I did not chase it beyond discovering that there were no routes
available to the installer.  However, if I use the Google DNS 8.8.8.8,
there are routes and the installation does succeed.

3.  Somehow, the availability of the routes allows the mounting of the
repo from the installation CD.

Thanks to those who responded.  I hope this adds to the group's knowledge.

Regards,
Robert