[Design-team] Fwd: Re: [Fedora-legal-list] License for wallpapers in old Fedora releases

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Mon Aug 3 17:59:10 UTC 2009

> Nicu Buculei (nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro) said:
> > Here is the reply I received after asking for a license change for the
> > wallpapers in old Fedora versions:
>
> Would similar issues apply to any of the new backgrounds that use
> the logo, or logo elements? (such as the four foundations mosaic,
> or mizmo's underwater mosaic)

I would like to keep the four foundations artwork as open as possible so
I don't think that should be an issue in Tatica's design. The only logo
element the four foundations contain is the empty bubble but I don't
think that should be an issue from my POV (being a designer and not a
lawyer - it'd still be quite hard to extrapolate the rest of the
logomark and logotext from just having that one balloon graphic)

The underwater mosaic I did doesn't have any logo elements in it.