[Design-team] [F12 Artwork] Constantine backgrounds packages

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:32:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've just put together initial packages containing the Constantine
wallpapers I consider (based on the feedback we received) to be "worth"
putting in for Alpha. There is constantine-backgrounds package [1] which
contains tatica's mocaico and Mo's and Nicu's underwater mosaic, both as
slide-show (switching between those two once twice per hour) and
separately. Next there is constantine-backgrounds-extras package [2]
which contains Samuele's 4flowers and 4horses, Jayme's Constantine
Statue, Charlie's bird mosaic and tatica's pruebas and freedom. I've
created 16:10 and 4:3 versions for all the included images in 1600x1000,
resp. 1600x1200 resolution.

The desire is to select one of those two in constantine-backgrounds to
be the F12's default, and in the extras package we'll put four selected
designs, chosen from either the two packages or from external sources.

If these packages are OK with everyone -- I'd especially like people to
test it on 4:3 screens as I have only 16:10 and to check if I hadn't
omitted some popular design -- I'll submit them for inclusion in Fedora.

Thanks,
Martin