[Design-team] [F12 Artwork] Final Wallpaper Concept

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 6 14:57:54 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 05:26 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it's about time we discuss which of the three [1][2][3] wallpaper
> concepts will be used as a base for the Constantine theme. Please bear
> in mind we are not comparing how evolved each of the designs is, but
> rather checking the potential of the design. We want a wallpaper that is
> both nice and suitable for default, not a wallpaper that's awesome and
> cool but you cannot discern icons/text on half of it.

My take:

- mosaico with a perspecitve view[1] is the strongest candidate. It is
the only in vector format, it looks good (especially with perspective
and a 3D look) and is small;

- mosaic-glow (underwater) does look good, is appreciated by people but
is large. I think it is a strong candidate for an additional wallpaper;

- the statue has good colors and a lot of supporters but (as said
before), I think it is too direct, not leaving place for any metaphor.

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2009-August/000681.html