[Design-team] Release banners

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Aug 7 06:49:22 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 17:16 -0400, Paul W. Frields a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:58:00PM +0100, Charlie Brej wrote:
> > On 06/08/09 16:54, Charlie Brej wrote:
> > > Here are a couple couple release banners I made. Comments welcome.
> >
> > Here is an updated banner. Note the numbering system. Also try loading the svg
> > in a web browser over a slow connection.
> >
> > http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/banner.png
> > http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/fedora12-banner.svg

I'd have used a serif font here, the rounded sans-serif feels really
over modern compared to the theme.

BTW this mosaic always felt more “true” than the others, the tesselae
are nicely irregular and not geometric plates tiled in lines (which is
never the case in actual mosaics). If the dove is too simple as motif
for a complete background, did anyone consider applying this kind of
effect to one of the other themes posted so far? (I feel the four horses
would be good candidates, but I'm no artist)

See also this very small view of an actual room-size roman mosaic
http://www.musee-gallo-romain.com/fourviere/collection/images/virtuelle/jeu_cirque.jpg

--
Nicolas Mailhot