[Design-team] About the Fedora Art Studio Spin

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 11 11:57:34 UTC 2009

On 08/11/2009 02:41 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> To save some space, I believe there is a group of folks working on an
> audio studio spin, so we could drop those packages and maybe the video
> packages too. Just focus on graphic design and maybe we could get a
> decent sized spin.

We don't overlap with them, an audio spin will need things like Jack
audio server and specialized tools, for them Audacity is something for
beginners.
The basic desktop minus whatever we can take out plus GIMP, Inkscape and
Scribus and we are well above the limit of a CD, is hopeless IMO to try
keeping the size down below 1GB.