[Design-team] [F13] Swirly Stars

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Dec 26 19:53:59 UTC 2009

On 12/26/2009 08:54 AM, Shreyank Gupta wrote:
> 2009/12/26 María Leandro<tatica at fedoraproject.org>:
>> Hello
>> I like the concept a lot, but the spiral is too "debian" for me. Can we
>> change it to some other shape?
> Maybe into a constellation shaped as 'f' or infinity.

I took Mo's concept and Charlie's concept and mashed them together into
the "f" constellation Shreyank suggested, with a milky-way-like swirl
for the vertical part of the "f" and the rocket swoop as the horizontal
bar. (You could also use a shooting star, it was just faster to
copy-paste the rocket. Plus a shooting star would require art skills I
don't yet possess.)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Stars-with-rocketship_concept01.png

Source at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Stars-with-rocketship_concept01.svg

I also put the image and svg source in the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork#Concepts.2C_WIP_Designs
gallery but I think I broke the table in doing so - it runs off the
right side of my screen now. (The F12 gallery does the same thing, so
I'm not sure how to fix this one.)

--Mel