[Design-team] Hi again... I'm still trying...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 17:47:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM, bm90fox<bm90fox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, but whwre are the patterrns to guide myself....
> I´m trying to show my design work to become acepted as artwork list...
> I'm gonna trying...

As Máirín says, theme work is the hardest work as its the most
collaborative and strict. I am not trying to discourage you.. just
wanting you to know that it needs to be a learning experinece.. you
will most likely throw away more things than you would realize.

To get an idea of the 'mosaic' theme work, I would google search for
artwork of Constantinople and the Eastern Roman Empire. Sadly blue is
not a color I found a lot of.. most of it is browns and yellows. The
usual place one sees blue seems to be in Fish motifs.

To get an idea of Roman art of Constantine's time I would actually
look more towards late Roman work. Mosaics were still popular but of a
different sort than the later Byzantine work associated with
Constantinople (now Istanbul.. Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way.)

You might want to research the art of Bath, England as it might have
been frequented by Constantine while in Britain.

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/parishes/newton/newton1.htm

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning