[Design-team] Proposal for wallpaper to Constantine

Samuele Storari sstorari at byte-code.com
Tue Jul 28 14:14:08 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

This is another idea I'm workin' on.

4 Horses of 4 F Theme

I think about horses 'cause in roman time they were so diffused and not only a transport, but as a sign of power for the nobilities.
Like a lot of leader statues riding an horse in many squares.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sstorari/3765877908/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sstorari/3765878880/

These are only sketches to show my idea and have some feedback, take a look

Ciao

Samuele

----- "Cata" <catalinfest at gmail.com> wrote:
> About feedback on my wallpaper :
> Sorry but problems with dense patent and contrast is not very easy to remediate.
> Because i use gimp and filter mosaic have minimal 5 px.
> If i use 7 px and more this will be ta range of chars so the text icons il be damage .
>
> The result is this (1600x1200 px) :
> http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen4.png
> Maybe is to bluejeans :) but is a ergonomic wallpaper.
>

> 2009/7/27 Paul W. Frields < stickster at gmail.com >
>

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 05:49:46PM +0300, Cata wrote:
> > "...we have one more week for some polishing (*not* final, release quality
> > work) and packaging."
> >
> > This is correct !
> >
> > I try use some wallpapers with icons and the result is not very impressive.
> > I show my wallpaper screenshot (the others maybe try some feedback ...) :
> >
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen1.png
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen2.png
> > http://catalinfest.xhost.ro/imgin/screen3.png
>
> FWIW, desktop icons seem to have a somewhat difficult time standing
> out on any of these backgrounds, and the desktop icon labels even more
> so. The darkness of the screen1 version makes this problem less
> severe. The screen2 version, with a less dense pattern, might work
> better if it was made darker. Same with screen3, only you might want
> to lower the contrast as well.
>

> --
> Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
> gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> irc.freenode.net : stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
>

> --
> My sites: