[Design-team] Another icon request

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Jul 29 06:15:53 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 05:50 PM, bm90fox wrote:
> What do you believe: Is This work appropriate to begin designing...

Manuel, do you have experience with designing icons? If not, it may be
hard at first (for example I acknowledge I am not good at this), there
are a loot of things to take care, from the metaphor to the style
(strokes, palette, gradients, lighting, shadows) and technical details
(pixel alignment, simplified versions for small size) and so.

I strongly recommend you to study the SVGs from
/usr/share/icons/Mist/scalable/ to get a good understanding of this set
look and feel.

Have a look at those guidelines to learn a bit:
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines - sure, they
are for Echo, not for Mist, but will probably help with some insight.

Another wonderfur resource is jimmac's blog:
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/log/?cat=4

...and don't get scared by what i said above, open Inkscape, give a try
and show what you got :p