[Design-team] idea for fpo

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 9 08:56:07 UTC 2009

On 06/07/2009 04:00 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I just put this together for fun. I don't know if it's a good idea or feasible to redo our look&  feel yet again. I do think our current site is a bit too sparse though. Anyway, here's my doodle:
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Projects/fedoraproject.org/v3/ideas/idea1.png

Yes, this is an improvement over the current layout, here are some
observations:
- I *love* you moved the navigation bar on the right, that is its place:
when reading a website I want to see the *content* and content should be
in the most visible place, top-left;
- I think the page is a bit long on content (3 screens for me), it may
overhelm a new user. I would like it simpler;
- I'm not sure from the mockup if the layout is liquid of the content
column has fixed width (the blue background may make you think so). I
*hate* fixed width websites;
- I know it was my choice to own a 20" display, but the font used is a
bit too small for me (as is the font on the current fp.o). I would like
a larger font size;
- I think a bit of vertical space is wasted with logo placement, how
about moving the tabs to the right and get the content more tot he top,
closer to the logo?