[Design-team] Building Brand Together

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 9 14:38:32 UTC 2009

gnu boi wrote:
> http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/06/building-brand-together.html

As I already wrote on IRC, I don't think this offer is of much value to
Fedora at this point because we don't have our logo in the wallpaper anyway
(to make things easier for remixes and other derived distributions). So if
we really wanted to ship upstream wallpapers, we could just ship them as
they are, there's no need to have upstream spend time on rebranding them.
We have other reasons for using our own default wallpapers (e.g.
consistency across the multiple desktops we ship, and also GRUB, Plymouth
etc.).

There are also other issues, like what to do when we upgrade KDE to a new
version: do we allow the default wallpaper to change in the middle of a
Fedora release? Do we stay with the old one, shipping e.g. KDE 4.4 with the
KDE 4.3 default wallpaper?

        Kevin Kofler