[Design-team] The Theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:04:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 19:35 +0200, Thomas Kole wrote:
> I really want to create a wallpaper for f12, but what is the theme? :)

If possible, it will be based on the release name which is currently
being voted on. Be a little more patient ;-)

Mo, what's the theming process for F12?

My idea based on our previous approaches:
1. sketching the base concepts (ideas accompanied by simple pictures)
2. get initial approach wallpapers into Alpha (concept should be decided
upon, wallpaper should look good, but needs not to be polished). This is
where we need to get feedback (most of the design team people blogging
about it?) and reflect on it. If more concepts are still being discussed
over, have them all in the release (automatically change the different
concepts so that we users/testers wouldn't need to change them
manually?)
3. have most of the artwork covered by Beta (based on the alpha feedback
we'll build a theme upon a single selected concept; after this milestone
we must not change the concept so that we'll have enough time to fill
the holes and do final polishes)
4. polish for RCs and Final so that the release artwork will be awesome
and breath taking ;-)

> Thomas
Martin