[Design-team] The Theme

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 19 06:48:45 UTC 2009

On 06/18/2009 11:42 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 17:36 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> It was late for F11, maybe for F12 we should start early and make it an
>> official feature, so we are motivated enough towards finishing it?
>>
>> Martin offered to do the packaging, which should be not harder than the
>> packaging he did for the release wallpapers.
>>
>> The hard part is, IMO, getting the images (wiki? ssh?) and selecting
>> from the large amount received.
>>
> We first need to decide how exactly we handle it. There are people
> against the package-based approach as well as those for this approach. I
> think we partly failed to get a consensus there. If we decide on the
> package approach and have some rules or whatever how to split the
> packages, how to name the packages and what to include in the packages,
> I'll do the packaging work. But that's really the last part and we are
> far from that IMHO.

I think a good approach is both a package and an online gallery. Put
everything in the online gallery so anyone can use it (not resticted to
Fedora or even Linux users) and a selection packaged in the repository.

The ultimate criteria for selection into the package is size: figure-out
which is the size limit (20MB, 50MB?) for the package to be *ever* (not
right now, but maybe at some point in the future) accepted on the
install DVD and select the best until we reach that limit.