[Design-team] Constantine

Joost Elfering joost.elfering at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:37:05 UTC 2009

although the idea is good and they have some things we could work on I think
we need to take a step back before coming up with results and examples.

i suggest we first take a look at the associations with Constantine. these
associations will be the bases for out new style. so no examples, just
conceptual works. is that a good idea to approach it?

*my associations are: *
- roman emperor
-- roman architechture
-- roman mosaic's

- Constantinople (Istanbul)
-- east meets west
-- byzantine architecture

*note:*
with the name Constantine come association that have to do with religion. I
do get the idea that we should avoid the religious themes a bit. But this
theme is really heavily based on religion on it's own. We will probably have
some angry faces just because of the name. keeping out religion on this one
will be really hard!

I think we should set up some boundaries on where we can go and where we
can't. for example: Istanbul can be shown by the architecture in the city.
This will always include some religious architecture, can we show this? can
we give hints about his connection to Christianity? where is the border?

yope out.