[Design-team] Documentation Logo Design

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 16 08:18:37 UTC 2009

On 11/15/2009 07:39 PM, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 11/16/2009 12:21 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> On 11/15/2009 05:43 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a mockup of how it will look when integrated with publican:
>>> http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/fedora-docs-logo/mockup.png
>>>
>> Problem with that layout, Fedora brand is redundant (top left and
>> middle). Reader already know the
>> document is for Fedora.
>>

> FWIW, the big Fedora logo in the middle only appears on the first page
> (title page) of a doc. Here's a more typical page:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/en-US/html/sect-Release_Notes-Web_and_Content_Servers.html
Here is illustration  the document:
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/mockup-redundancy.png

You noticed there are at least four Fedora names on that page alone
which is an overkill
for header. I made illustration for suggestion below:

http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/mockup-suggestion.png

You see Release Note for Fedora 12 (using wordmark and "12" from MgOpen
Modata) based from CD/DVD sleeve suits well for the page.

> the new logo is to take the place of the boilerplate "Made with
> Publican" logo.
>
> Note too that the logos at the "ears" of the page are hyperlinked; the
> Fedora logo links to www.fedoraproject.org and the "Made with Publican"
> logo links to docs.fedoraproject.org

I understand about the ears. As highlighted, there are a lot of repeated
words. I made an alternate version that preserve "Fedora" wordmark
(original color and black version included) for image replacing "Made
with Publican"

http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/fedora-docs.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/fedora-docs-alt.png
http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/fedora-docs.svg