[Design-team] F13 Artwork Process

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 28 09:59:52 UTC 2009

On 10/28/2009 11:33 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:

> I think the F12 schedule worked rather well, we slipped a few times a
> few days or a week and skipped most of the wallpaper refreshes -- I
> think it's unnecessary to have that many wallpaper refreshes. I've tried
> to keep in sync with our work the Key milestones [1] so you can compare
> what we did in time and when we did it.

A characteristic of this cycle was we had some *very good* designs *very
early* in the process, we got complacent about them and a long period of
inactivity occurred (this is why I think we missed refreshes).
Then close to the Beta we tried a refreshed look and post-beta due to
*some* fedback, a major and unexpected refresh occurred.

> If there's a calendar instance at our sites (I remember folks were
> talking about it on infra, but don't know whether they implemented it),
> it would nice to load the schedule there -- calendar with highlights is
> faster to follow than table with dates and not everyone uses one
> himself.

For the last few releases we have a recurrent motif: some key decision
makers stay silent for most of the development cycle and very late in
the process complain and require a complete (or at least major)
redesign. This is a serious bug in our process.